Monday, April 22, 2013

My first grilling experience(s)

While in Mexico I had my first experience using a grill with my uncle. I had the opportunity to grill steaks and asparagus. Since I had my uncle's supervision all the steaks turned out well. He taught me the importance of using lots of oil to grill the steaks because it will burn off with the fat, and still keep the meat flavorful and prevent dryness. This took about an hour to prepare, cook, and bring back to the kitchen.





Then this weekend I tried grilling steaks on my own, but without my uncle's help I had mixed results. Two steaks turned out very well and were cooked perfectly, but the other two were severely undercooked. This issue wasn't that bad because I re-cooked the bad steaks, but still didn't leave me satisfied. I think I didn't have good judgement of how hot the grill was in places, and I think with more experience I will get better.
This took 45 minutes total, but the steaks weren't as well prepared as the ones in Mexico.

Total time: 1 hour 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment